So, I found the disk so I could upload my pictures, but I have no idea how to plug the computer in, I'm pretty sure we can't. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I can ask Jay. I'm so computer illiterate when it comes to anything besides the most basic things that it's pretty embarassing. I'm that way with my car, too.
Anyway, my latest news is that I went to work today only to discover that one of my co-workers, another MA, was "let go" yesterday. I came in and they told me that she was "no longer with us," which makes it sound more like we should be attending her funeral and less like she finally got canned. I'm kinda sad about it, she was a really good person and fun to work with, but I also know exactly why they made that choice.
The good thing about it is that working for the doctor by myself today has given me some extra confidence that I can do this job well all by myself. I still don't know everything, but I think I can handle a lot and I feel confident that the doctor can depend on me and I won't let him down.
We also got a temp to help us out. She seems nice enough, she's really friendly, but I hope that her and I won't have to work too closely together for too long. She watches everything I do to learn how to do it, but then she'll also give me instructions if she thinks I'm doing something wrong. How do you nicely say to someone, "Hey, you're supposed to be learning from ME, and I don't need or appreciate your suggestions."? I guess just like that. Hopefully it won't get to that point.
I'm about ready to work for the next month with Dr. Allie. It will be so fun I doubt I'll even think of it as work. I'm so excited for her to meet my doctors and for them to meet her. I know they'll both be impressed.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Jay!
Post a Comment