Thursday, March 01, 2007

Four Of Five

Today is, in a way, Kameryn's 10 month birthday, so we can all look forward to a blog of pictures and sappiness tomorrow.

Tonight, the opposite. I'm going to write about "The Departed." First impression is that it reminds me of Resivoir Dogs, so if you liked that movie, you'll love this one. My second impression is that Matt Damon is so good looking and such a good actor that if you're going to have a main character and then a secondary character, PLEASE, for the love of all the women who will be sitting through the movie, MAKE MATT DAMON THE MAIN CHARACTER!

As a side note, anyone who predicted that Jay would like the movie despite the crazy ending was right. And anyone who predicted that Mark Wahlberg would be Jay's favorite character was also right. You guys know him well.

As for recommending this movie, I liked it overall, but I like a lot of movies that other people don't like. Even though this won Best Picture (and I have to say I think it deserved it) I'd say you have to be okay with seeing a lot of people get shot in the head and otherwise needlessly killed. If you don't mind that, you're golden.

3 comments:

Chelsee said...

I knew that Mark Wahlberg would be Jay's favorite! I still haven't decided if I like this movie though. I think it was done well, but I just HATE the ending. I know they said that this was the first movie that Martin Scorsese did that had a plot, but by the end, I was just thinking, "What was the point of all of that?"

Kjersti said...

The point is if you have a choice between Leo DiCaprio and Matt Damon, CHOOSE MATT DAMON!

Danae said...

I can't handle violence, no matter how small. I get a little teary if I see grade-school kids calling each other names, so I'll take your word on this one. :)