Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Sign of Things To Come?

This morning Kameryn was chewing on something and then she would pull it out of her mouth and laugh, and when she did I noticed that on her bottom gums near the center she has a spot that's so swollen it's getting pretty white. Jay had said that he had to give her Tylenol yesterday before she'd sleep because she was so whiny and irritable, but we've been fooled on the "teething" thing before.

This time, I think it might be real.

She was chewing on one of her fingers this morning, and when she chewed on the white-ish spot she started to cry. And even though it's not something I'm really excited for because I can imagine how much it hurts her, it's always good to know we're not medicating the child for no reason.

So, maybe one of my next pictures will be of Kameryn with a little tooth. That is, supposing that I don't keep cheating every night and posting pictures I've already taken...but there are no promises.

3 comments:

Chelsee said...

You forgot to mention her chewing on the fries at Training Table... :)

Danae said...

Poor baby! It's hard to watch them go through something this hard, especially when they can't talk and tell you what's wrong.

I guess we'll know soon enough and Gary and I are going to be in the same boat...

Kimba said...

Break out the Oragel! Or whatever it's called. We actually used the adult stuff on Caleb after our honeymoon (wait! let me finish!) to Hawaii. All that pineapple had given him a GINORMOUS canker. It That thing was so large it almost required it's own postal code. :) And it works.
Can't wait to see her little teeth!!