Monday, March 26, 2007

Bedtime

Tonight was frustrating putting Kameryn to bed, she doesn't want to sleep even when she's tired because she doesn't want to miss anything. After I put her to bed tonight she stood up in her crib and SCREAMED and cried until I went back in and held her for a bit. I tried to read her stories and play with her, but anytime I tried to put her back in her crib, even if she was sitting up, she would cry until she ran out of breath, and then SCREAM.

I left her again thinking she could cry it out, but again went back in when she still wouldn't stop. I picked her up and she cuddled with me, and we went out and sat on the couch. We both leaned up against the back of the couch and cuddled together. She hugged me and kissed me an ran her hands across my hair while she tried to stay awake, until she couldn't keep her eyes open.

I put her in her crib and stroked her hair, and I almost felt like she had when I tried to put her to bed before; I almost wanted to wake her up so we could spend some more quiet time together. I hope we can stay close as she gets older.

1 comment:

Danae said...

Crazy baby! It's things like this that make the hard time worth it... so enduring. She loves you SO much, and it clearly shows.