Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Boys Don't Cry...Or Do They?

Listening to the Radio on the way home from work today I heard this trivia question: What are the top 5 movies that make guys cry?

You guys want to take a guess on a few of them? Then, tomorrow night I'll let you know who has the most right answers!

6 comments:

Allie said...

Well "Steve" cries in pretty much every movie, so I'm not going to be any good at this game. =)

Kimba said...

Hmmm.............
1. I Am Sam - cause Cabe did...
2. The Notebook....cause Cabe did...
3. The Shawshank Redemption...I bet he did...
3. Pride & Prejudice....maybe he did?
4. Pursuit of Happyness
5. Hotel Rwanda

He's going to LOVE this... :)

Allie said...

Well, since I'm so dang competitive, I've got to venture a guess anyway. I would say:
There's got to be at least one feel-good sports movie in there--maybe 'Rudy' or 'Remember the Titans'--and at least one great war movie--maybe 'Saving Private Ryan' or 'Braveheart'.
I've also got to say Dead Poet's Society, because if you don't cry in that movie, you've got no soul.
There are a couple of movies that have made Steve cry, and DPS is one of them.

Allie said...

So the REAL Steve has been polled, and his vote is for the following movies:
1) Glory
2) Rudy
3) Dead Poet's Society
4) What Dreams May Come
5) Gladiator
6) Somewhere in Time

I know that's 6, but it was a tie between Gladiator and Somewhere in time.
Steve's disclaimer, by the way, is that these are movies that he thinks other guys would cry in, not necessarily *ahem* movies he has cried in himself.

Chelsee said...

I would have to say-

1- Smallville
2- America's Next Top Model
3- Xena
4- American Idol
5- The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll

Oh wait! You said movies...

1- Saving Private Ryan
2- Glory
3- Dead Poet's Society
4- Shawshank Redemption
5- Gladiator

(I know, I sound like a copy-cat.)

Danae said...

Hm...
Gary never cries... so this is a hard one. I'm interested to see what the real answers are. I'll go with:

1. Titanic
2. Rudy
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. John Q (who wouldn't cry listening to a man tell his son all the things he wants for him in life?)
5. Glory. (I made Gary turn it off, just because the end is SO sad!)