Copying Mel's blog, here are 5 things that you may or may not know about me:
1. I became an MA because I was out of work for awhile and every time I got the Sunday classified ads there were always a bunch of MA jobs open. I called Mountainwest College, one that was constantly playing commercials for MA courses, on a Thursday asking for information. They called me back to come in and tour the school which was set up on Friday, and I was enrolled and in school by Monday.
2. I love being an MA, but one of my main life goals is to write. I haven't decided what yet, be it a play or novel or a book of poetry, but I would love to have my words published in one way or another. It's a common goal in my family, and one I had almost given up on. Then the other day I was organizing all the things I want to scrapbook, and I found a little note from my Grandma Turner in among my things. It said something exceedingly simple, something like, "Wishing you every happiness, Grandma T." It was pinned to a blanket that she made us for our wedding. Looking at it I couldn't help but realize that words can go on after I'm gone. In a way, it grants us immortality. And so I have a dream of writing again.
3. I want to have four kids, and ideally I would love to have them about two years apart. I know, that would mean we would start trying for another baby around August, which I can't see happening. We haven't worked out all the kinks yet. Jay and I plan on having two boys and two girls ('cuz we can TOTALLY plan stuff like that) and we already have their names picked out. We also had already chosen Kameryn Lee, and we liked it the best, but all of the other names we've chosen are a lot more traditional.
4. I love things that are paranormal, I love watching TV shows about ghosts and the Loch Ness Monster and the Winchester Mansion, but I hate things like Tarot Cards. I've had a lot of experiences with things I can't quite explain, but I try not to convince myself I "believe in" any of it because it scares me.
5. I have a haunting, irrational fear of dying in a car accident, specifically by being side swiped. I also hate driving under overpasses because I'm always afraid they'll fall on me. When I admitted that fear to Jay he told me it was a much better idea to be afraid of driving on the overpass that was falling because then your car would plummet to the Earth below. Now I'm afraid of that, too. I'm afraid of the ocean because thinking about the size of whales makes me nervous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I also have an irrational fear about the big whales in the ocean. I LOVE to swim though, so I have to block out that crap...I think about that at Lake Powell, because all of my life I've heard that that's a fish down there the size of a stage coach. Gives me the CHILLS.
Hm... I didn't know these things about you. Isn't it the best when you find old treasures, like Grandma's note? She was always such a sweetheart.
I have the philosophy that if you're afraid of something, its either really dangerous, or you don't know anything about it. That's how I got over my phobia of spiders--I learned everything I could about them, and now I'm only afraid of the dangerous ones. If you want to learn more about whales, you should definitely ask SSFB. She was a marine biologist and worked at Sea World before she came to LV. She's already taught me a thing or two about whales!
I have an irrational fear of dying in a car crash too. Weird. I wonder where we got that from...
Post a Comment