I've noticed a pattern in the kids that come into my office. It's not true of all kids, but about 80%:
1. If you're bringing in a tiny baby, chances are they will fart, poo or spit up on you while you're in the office. People get embarassed, but it happens ALL THE TIME!
2. If you're bringing in an older child that has been competely sick at home, as soon as they get to the doctor's office they'll start playing and acting fine. I can't tell you how many times I've heard mom's say, "I promise he/she REALLY is sick!"
3. Even if you have a child that is terrified of the office, if we're seeing their sibling they will be more than happy to do everything they would normally refuse to, including stand on the scale, let me take their temprature and owant to sit on the table and put their finger in the pulse oximeter. It's a garuntee, but only if we're actually seeing the other sibling.
4. Kids are TERRIFIED of the MAs/Nurses, and will scream and cry when we're trying to take their vitals, and then when the doctor comes in they act completely fine. This is a cruel trick that doctors use, cuz kids, WE ONLY DO WHAT THEY TELL US TO DO! And that includes shots!
(I hope when I make these lists they don't sound like I'm complaining because I'm really not. I love my job and really love to see the kids, and that includes when they're really sick because I like to know that we'll help them feel better. Even though I know I'm not the doctor and probably can't tell you what is wrong, I like to think that maybe I can help, even if it's just by being patient with your kids while they scream.)
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is true for kids and adults: if you have diarrhea and you go to the hospital. They'll ask you for a stool sample, and then you won't be able to squeeze out even one little nugget. The very words "stool sample" is a cure-all for diarrhea.
That's right. Words is a cure all. Little Momma is flinching.
Post a Comment