
Needless to say, I loved it.
Jay got me a new digital camera that we probably spent way too much on, but that I know will be SO WORTH IT. And think of all the cheating blogs it will provide for! Now I just need Chelsee to show me how to use it.
Mom got me the anticipated birthday card which I totally loved. Yeah, I cried. Who's surprised?
And Danae and Gary got me a sign, one of those really cute wooden ones that says: Family - Together we have it all. I've wanted a sign like that for so long because I think they're so classy and fun. The one they chose was perfect.
AND, that's right AND, she got me a book Allison told me about called "Spook," by Mary Roach, the same author as "Stiff - The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers." In "Spook" she tries to use Science to prove whether or not there's an afterlife.
I have to say, I started "Twilight" and wanted it to be my book for March, and I really like it, but I think "Spook" is going to take the coveted spot: I started it tonight and only put it down after I was over 70 pages into it. This author is awesome, she writes about really interesting things in the first place, but then just puts in little funny comments along the way, making it more like you're sitting and talking with her than a textbook. It starts out talking about reincarnation and about a man in India that studies cases to try and prove or disprove them. Then the second chapter goes straight into talking about sperm and the history of how scientists thought life developed. I only put it down because the words were starting to blur together, I know I'll be up and reading it again every chance I get tomorrow.
Thank you all for everything, it was so much fun and I got completely spoiled. Not that I'm complaining....
3 comments:
That's cause our family totally rocks!!! :) Happy Birthday Kjersti!! I love you!
Heck yes we do! Good call, Chelsee!
Gosh darn it! You need to quit telling me about wonderful books to read. All I need is another excuse to high-tail it to Barnes and Noble. :) Not like I don't have enough books to read anyway but I like to get the ones that you recommend just because they end up being really good books that I wouldn't have chosen otherwise. I read The Tipping Point and then finished Twilight in about three days and was just about to start "New Moon." Now do I go ahead and read New Moon, or this new one or the next one on my shelf? Such decisions! Happy Birthday. Too bad you weren't in Vegas with us and Allison & Steve; we could have really partied! Nolana
Post a Comment