Monday, November 06, 2006

I Get It...

Originally I wanted to participate with the goal this month to update my blog every day. I had been doing well, but then on Saturday I updated my blog and when I did it erased the blog I wrote on Friday. I know it was there, I checked it at mom's house to see if anyone had commented, and no one had. Now it's no where to be found. No lie. My entire blog entry is gone. It was called "Never Ending Sappiness" and it was about how much I love Kameryn. Did anyone read it who can back me up?
Regardless, last night I got on and started on a blog with about ten minutes to go before midnight, and I thought I could at least post a little story from the night before, but Kameryn started crying in the "This cannot be overlooked or ignored" tone, also known as the teething tone, and she didn't stop until 3 in the morning.
So, it's November 6th and I've already failed, but the thing about it is that I'm seeing it as a challange instead of a failure. I'm the kind of person who likes things to be perfect. I buy blank books and write in them for a bit, then stop half way through because I'm afraid I'll ruin them. I once read that you have to do something 21 consecutive days in a row to make it a habit, and I always seem to get to day 6 or 7 before I forget for a day and then I don't bother after that since I've messed up.
But not with this. I'm going to try and finish out the month.
However, all the clever anecdotes are going to have to wait for another day, because Jay and Kameryn are asleep on the couch. It's 9:30. And I'm not totally stupid; I'm going to bed. So be ready for a month full of Kameryn-related, MA adventure-style blogging. Starting tomorrow.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I actually did read (and comment on) your "Neverending Sappiness" blog, so I know it was there.
Good for you for sticking to the challenge. In our family, we were all born with a good dose of Perfectionism running through our veins. I am the same way with blank books and scrapbooking--I've only done like 8 pages for my wedding scrapbook, and I've been married for nearly a year and a half!
My OCD challenge this month is in regards to my eating habits. I know our parents were never the ones that said, "Clean off your plate." But the OCD part of me can't stand to see two bites of potatoes (or whatever the food item may be) left on my plate. I have learned not to try and fight this part of me, because there is no end to the amount of guilt that I feel when those two bites of potatoes go WASTED! Instead, I'm eating meals at home off of the small salad plates that come in the dish set instead of the huge dinner plates. It's much easier to "finish my plate" without gaining 2 lbs a day that way. When I go out to eat, I'm working with my OCD to make sure I cut everything EXACTLY in half or thirds and then eating only my allotted 1/2 or 1/3 and taking the rest home in a doggy-bag.

So the moral of the long pointless story? Make your weaknesses work for you--turn them into your strengths. I'm glad to see you doing this too.

Love you!

Kimba said...

Kjerst, I too read your blog and TRIED IN VAIN to comment on it! It was such a great post, I love hearing how much you love her, and the fun things she's doing. I'm sorry it deleted it, it's always frustrating! But know some of us read it and loved it. :) Congrats on the challenge...I'm doing it too, and so far it's been a challenge...but I've done it. See, I am ALSO an OCD perfectionist (just ask Cabe about my vacuum issues), and it would EAT ME ALIVE to go a day without doing it. Even if I say "Hi. We bought pizza today for dinner instead of me fixing it." Which is true, but beside the point... Anyway, congrats and I love you and CAN NOT WAIT to see you in TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!