So the holiday sickness that's been going around left me alone for the holidays, but now that I should be working again it's come at me full swing. I went to bed last night with a headache, and woke up this morning with the same headache and nausea. I called in sick for work, but have been feeling achy all day, and my skin hurts. I hate being sick so much, I get so frustrated with it. I just wish there was something I could do or say or buy so that I can get out of bed and do something productive, instead of lying there wishing it didn't hurt to be touching the bed.
I've always been really clingy when I'm sick. I like to cuddle up with Jay, but today was my first time being sick since Kameryn was born and he had his hands full today taking care of her. So I ended up just sleeping a lot. In the bed. By myself.
Jay had left me so I could get some more sleep, and him and Kameryn went and watched House in the other room, where she apparently fell asleep. I woke up from her crying, though, and Jay said she woke up, started looking around and when she couldn't see me started hysterically crying. He even sang her the song I sing to her, and he said it made her crying worse.
So he brought her in to me, and I sat up to hold her. She cuddled up with me, stopped crying, and just sat there like that. She cuddles a lot, but always only for a minute or two because there's so much going on and she doesn't want to miss a thing. But tonight she just layed there with her head on my shoulder, like I was the answer to her problems.
And really, it was exactly what I wanted, too. I was so surprised and pleased that I didn't want to move at all. So we sat there, Mom and baby, just loving each other and happy we were together.
Sometimes I don't like to write about stories like this because so much of it is the feeling I get knowing that she's mine and being so proud of her, and I don't know how well it translates. I can see someone reading the story and thinking, "So she wanted to be held, big deal."
I guess I write about it because it's the small moments like this that help me understand that I really am her mom, and the way I feel about my mom is the way she feels about me; that I can make her better just by being there.
But something I didn't expect and I hope never fades is that she's also my friend. She's fun to be around and loving her is so easy for me.
Kameryn turns 7 months old tomorrow, and I can't believe how fast she's grown. And believe me, if you thought tonight's blog was sappy then get ready for over-the-top sappiness tomorrow. I could (and probably will) brag and love on her ALL DAY LONG!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
CUTE!! I hope that you feel better Kjersti! It is really no fun being sick!!! :(
I love it too when Issac gets that way. Obviously he's a lot younger and so his understanding isn't quite what Kameryn's is, but I love that when he's whining in bed, I pick him up and he automatically stops. I'm thinking he needs to be fed or something, but no. Being held is just what he wanted. It's the best feeling ever.
I'm sorry you are sick, and I'm even more sorry for leaving my baby with you to add to your load when you're not feeling well. I hope he'll be good for you!!
I came down with the same crappy crap. I didn't puke, but I had nausea for two days. SSFB said I was pregnant, but since my period JUST ENDED (it started while I was in Utah, just like it always does) I knew it was just the crappy crap that was making the rounds.
Kameryn is such a sweet and smart baby. She rocks.
Yeah! I wish I had a baby to cuddle with! I got sick yesterday too - but with a sinus cold. I hope you feel better soon! If you're going to be sick - that's the worst kind to get. Feel better!!!! I'm sure Kameryn will do her best. :) SO cute........
If you want, Kjersti, you can come over and lie on my bed. "I'm pumped! Let the healing begin!" (from "Good Will Hunting")
Post a Comment