Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving #1:

Today was the Thanksgiving with the Ertmann side of the family. That is to say, today at dinner it was Jay's parents, Jay, Kameryn and myself. Time spent with the Ertmann side of the family might as well be the polar opposite of time spent with my family: In my family there's a bit of chaos when we all get together because there's so many of us, and so much is over the top. We play games loudly, we talk about crazy things, we have TONS of food, and we always have a lot of fun.

(Kameryn cheating and getting her nap in BEFORE the Thanksgiving dinner.)
Jay's side of the family is fun, too, but in such a different, subtle way. Things are more quiet and concise, and conversation isn't as easilly come by.
However, we did get Kameryn to try some cranberries which, I'm ashamed to say, she seemed to like. And possibly my favorite part was that Kameryn was lying on the floor, and her Grandpa Ertmann got down with her to kiss her and give her zerbots on her belly. He's a total sucker for her, and it think it's completely sweet and endearing.

(Me standing by to take a picture of the grimace that would follow being spoonfed the cranberry sauce. This grimace never happened.)
It does make me even more excited for the chaos that will be the Hanna Thanksgiving tomorrow.


(At this point you may have noticed that I said a total of 5 people were at this Thanksgiving dinner. I sucessfully got pictures of two, the same ones I could get pictures of any day of the year. So I'm smitten with my own kid! So what?! I'm not ashamed!)

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

As you should be! I am excited for Thanksgiving #2. We always have a lot of fun!

Kimba said...

So I've tried to post a comment on Cabe's Blackberry like...a zillion times. Nope. No workie. But...yeah. Kameryn is adorable (you SO taught her that....lol) and yeah for two Thanksgivings...Right?!?!