Monday, November 27, 2006

A Quick Cheater Blog

So I intended to cheat a little on my blog tonight, but it looks like even if I do a quick post it won't go unnoticed since the date has changed on blogger and it says I'm blogging on Monday. Kinda frustrating, but that's alright, I'm still here, still getting in my blogging for the night.
There's something really fun about this month and reaching this goal I've set. It's become a sort of routine, but one I really enjoy, and I think it's really helped with the goal of putting Kameryn to bed as well. I lay her down and come in here to blog, and it's nice to have something else I know I have to do because working on it makes it so I'm not sitting listening to her cry some nights biting my fingernails off. And I'm not one to bite my fingernails when I'm anxious, but sometimes the tone of her scream or the little ear piercing yell will get me there fast.
More than that, even, I've enjoyed giving myself the opportunity to take a little while every night to create something, to say something or come up with something even when I don't have too much to say. During my poetry writing time I ultimately wanted to publish some of the poems I wrote, and I think this taps into that desire a little bit, just getting some of my writing out there for anyone who wants to read it.
But that's it for tonight. Danae is bringing baby Isaac over in the morning since she's decided to go back to work a little bit early, and I need to get to sleep in case he's ready to be awake for me by the time he gets here. I'm really excited and apprehensive about getting to watch him, but most of all I feel really honored that she trusts Jay and me enough to leave her sweet son with us.

3 comments:

Chelsee said...

I am sorry that I couldn't watch him, but if I can, I will try and help out sometimes. And, it okay Kjersti. I know how late we kept you up before you were able to even think about blogging. Good luck with Baby Isaac!! :)

Little Momma said...

I admire your commitment to writing every day. So many times I have wished that I had written more during my children's growing up years. Sometimes when I hear my children remembering back to things that happened when they were young, I don't remember the incidents at all. I did write some things, but mostly I think I wrote when I was frustrated or feeling alone and what I wrote doesn't always reflect the good things that were continually happening. I may have to make a resolution this coming year to write more often about what is going on with me.

Danae said...

That's a good goal, Mom. It's funny because I always seem to write in my journal when things are bad or I'm going through a trial, and I don't always sit down and write when there are good things happening. It's such a good idea to make it known when you're happy or something good has happened to you. I think it helps my attitude when I do that, to focus on the positive.

Kjersti, I've told you before, but I'm SO glad you guys are willing to watch my son. I wouldn't leave him with just anyone. I especially love it when he makes a funny face and you get SO excited and say how cute he is. I knew from that that you would take good care of him.