Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

The New Year's Eve tradition of staying up until midnight was not designed with moms in mind. I know how crabby that sounds, but it's true. Danae and I were both fighting to keep ourselves awake until midnight, and we were both so relieved to see it come and go. Don't people understand how valuable sleep is? And who said it's okay to set off fireworks AFTER MIDNIGHT?! Celebration schmelebration, you wake up the baby, you're DEAD.

It was on that note that I started out my new year, so I think we can all pretty well assume that it's mostly up-hill from there.

I have all sorts of partial resolutions in mind, a lot of them being the same ones I had last year, but one thing that I'd like to do this year is blog every day. I'm the first to admit that blogging every day doesn't always yield the best results, but I like the state of mind I get into when I know I'll be blogging later. I pay more attention to the little things in my day, and I find more humor in situations. I also don't get as upset at annoying situations, because knowing that I could blog about it seems to diffuse the situation.

That said, I don't think it will really surprise anyone that I find it hard to believe that we're into a new year. I'm still working on catching up with how quickly time flies by. This fact can most readilly be emphasised by the fact that last night while talking to Jay I had to stop mid-sentence because I couldn't remember how old I am. And instead of thinking about it for a second and having it dawn on me, I had to ask Jay, because I honestly DIDN'T REMEMBER. Years are so tricky, whizzing by all on their own! How could I possibly keep track after 21?!

Looking back on 2006 I have to say that it was a pretty monumental year for me, since Kameryn was born in April and Isaac was born in October and I wouldn't trade those facts for anything. I also have been at my clinic for over a year, which is partially insane but will look good on a resume. Overall I'm pretty happy with what I do, a lot of the time I'm proud of all that I've learned and how I'm constantly learning new things. My main goal for this year is to get Jay back into school so he can have a normal job that he likes as much as I like my job. I really think things are going to get harder before they get easier as far as that goes, but I think it will be worth it.

I have really high hopes for this year. I'm excited to see everything that the year will bring.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

Keep on postin'! I'm going to try as well, and I TOTALLY know what you mean about how it affects your day. I'm always thinking to myself "well, at least I can blog about it" (see the dog puke in the car comment on your previous post...) I'm so glad you're (mostly) enjoying your job! So jealous! I hope I can find something to love like that. And good luck with getting Jay in school! It will be a chore, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Allie said...

You're going to post every day?? I thought I was being ambitious to commit to posting every month! I'm looking forward to reading!

Chelsee said...

This year has dragged on and on for me and a lot of things have changed. I love my niece and nephew, and I am so happy that they are here, but I think that there are a lot of hard things that happend this year too. Oh well, I will quote Anne of Green Gables and say that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it. :)