Saturday, January 27, 2007

Postsecret.com

My confession for the night is that it used to be a tradition for me to look at postsecret.com every Sunday, it was my Sunday morning ritual. Now I stay up late enough and check it Saturday nights, and then I feel a little bit guilty afterward for jumping the gun.

I'm completely in awe and also jealous of Frank for coming up with such a unique and unifying idea. Some of the secrets posted on his site are funny, and sometimes when I'm done reading them I feel unsettled and sad, but either way I always hate when I get to the last one. There's something so addicting about people stating the truth in such bold, unwavering ways. Even when the secret is sad or disturbing, it's nice to have it out there instead of hidden behind the masks we all wear every day.

I highly suggest going onto postsecret.com and watching the interviews with Frank that are available to download. I loved watching them. There's one moment in one of the videos when it shows Frank opening his mailbox and there are hundreds of postcards filling it to the brim, and I would love to sit and read them with him. What an amazing idea to give people a place to go with things they wouldn't otherwise tell anybody.

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

I wish that I got that much mail!! :(

Kimba said...

This is so totally my dirty little secret too. And I know what you mean about getting to the last one...I always continue scrolling down, hoping that SOMEHOW there's like, 20 more below it. Hidden. I think it's an amazing idea. Speaking of which...I haven't checked yet today!