Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Total Wimp

Having Kameryn has turned me into the biggest wimp. Honestly, a cry-at-commercials-and-during-talk shows kind of wimp.
There's some things I can't even tolerate anymore. I own the movie "Ransom" and I loved it, but I've tried to watch it since Kameryn and I had to turn it off.
I also got the movie "The Missing" for Christmas and I love it, I've watched it a couple times since then. In it, there's a part where the main character's daughter, Lily, who's been kidnapped gets herself free and is going to escape. She wakes up another of the captives to go with her, a young mom with a sick daughter. During the night the daughter died. The mom is in total denial of it and says, "No, that's just the way she sleeps." Lily hands her the gun so she can go get the horses (it's a western-type) but the mom walks a little way off and shoots herself. I remember watching it the first time and being totally disgusted by the mother character. But now I get it. And I almost can't blame her.
So this is turning into a depressing blog, and I don't mean it to. I just didn't expect that having a baby would make me so much more sensitive to everything. I get so much more joy out of simple things, but I also get more upset. And I get misty-eyed about almost everything.
I know I can't protect Kameryn from everything that will happen to her, and the magic she believes in will eventually wear away. I just don't ever want her to lose her love of life.
Above all, I want her to know that she has a mom that loves her. More than anything. I love sitting with her and enjoying simple moments. She makes me so happy, I'm so proud of her, and I can't wait for everything I'll get to show her as she grows older. I don't know exactly why, but since she was born I've been so excited to take her to Sea World. I haven't been myself, but I want to take Kameryn so we can see it together. That's how much of a dork I am.

1 comment:

Danae said...

All I can say, is 'Amen.' I am the same way. I guess it happens to all of us, though. Yesterday morning on my way to work I was listening to B98.7 and Erin started crying over Five for Fighting's song The Riddle. It's about a Dad talking to his son and telling him all the things he wants for him in life. It was really funny that she started crying on the radio over it... but I guess that's just how it goes for all the Moms out there. Completely emotional about everything.