Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Then and Now

There's something so strange about reading Kameryn books my family used to read to me when I was little. We have this one called "The Very Busy Spider," which is actually an odd book. We got it for Kameryn for Christmas because when we saw it at Barnes and Noble I remembered how much I loved it. The story is pretty much that a spider lands in a doorway or something in a barnyard, and all the animals seem to come over and ask her if she wants to do something with them, and she never answers because she's building her web. And not to ruin the end for you, but at the end she catches a fly in her web and then falls asleep because it's been a very busy day.

I know, it's an odd thing to write a story about. But in my defense, the book we bought because Jay couldn't resist it is a story about a mouse who picks a strawberry, tries to disguise it because the narrator tells him a bear is coming to eat it, and then at the end he has to eat it so the bear won't come and steal it. Problem is I think the narrator is lying about the bear the whole time and tricks the mouse into sharing half the strawberry with him.

BUT ANYWAY. There was a point to this, and it's that when I read Kameryn the spider book and the animals come up to talk to her, I still do their voices the way my family used to when they read the book to me.

I probably sound crazy, but it's such a weird experience.

Also, I hope I don't get in trouble because I didn't ask before I decided to post this, but this is a picture from when Kim was down at Thanksgiving.
This is weird for me because Kim is my friend that I've known the very longest, I don't even remember meeting her. We've been friends forever. And this is her with my baby. I love Kameryn so much and it's fun to see people play and interact with her, but it's especially fun when it's someone I've known for so long. I'm so grateful to have such good friends, and I really hope that as Kameryn grows up she'll make friends like I had that are lifelong.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

Post away! I SO loved playing with Kameryn, she is so dang cute!!! And it's totally still weird for me, to be playing with YOUR baby!!!! It feels like we're still so young! Bringing bows and arrows to school...and dolls...ohmigosh we were so weird. :) It's a rare thing we have, to be best friends for so long, and it's the one of the biggest things I hope for, for my kids. Good friends can get you ANYWHERE. Love you!

Danae said...

See, further proof that you are a good mother!

Allie said...

I remember reading the very busy spider to you many many times. I'm glad to hear that Kameryn gets to hear the story now.