My manager came up to me today asking if I had seen the Kenalog anywhere. I told her I didn't know anything about it, which was true. I had seen a bottle of it out on the counter a couple days ago, but it had been used so I threw it away.
My co-worker, who hadn't heard the previous conversation with my manager, came up to me afterward and she asked if I had seen the Kenalog since it was gone AGAIN, and I told her the same thing. I didn't know where it was. She said, mostly in passing, "You know it's a multi-dose vial, right?"
Well, um, no.
Just the look on my face gave her the answer and she said, "Well, you don't need to confess." aka "I won't tell on you, dork."
To rub it in, my manager returned holding the key to the cupboard where the Kenalog and such things are kept and said, "I'm gonna just keep it locked from now on, then. This is the second time in the last little bit that this has happened, and I'm starting to think the patients might be taking it. They sit in there for long enough sometimes, they easilly could go through the cupboards and take anything they wanted."
I was sitting there listening to her feeling like a kid who had stolen a candy bar. And you read it right, I've done this NOT ONCE, now, but twice.
"So if you guys need to get into the cupboard then come get the key from me, okay? I just don't know what else to do and this needs to stop happening."
My confession must've sounded SO dorky.
"(Manager's name,) I'm the one who's been taking it. I threw it away because I didn't know it was a multi-dose vial."
She just stared at me for a second, and then started laughing and hugged me. It was the best response I could've hoped for, but I still felt totally dumb.
"Oh good!" She says, "I really would rather that you just tell me that, then we know where it's going and you won't do it anymore." She looks at the key she's still holding and says, "Alright, I guess we won't have to do this after all!"
I still feel like a dork. Yep, Kjersti's clued in now, problem solved. She'll stop throwing away the perfectly good injections.
The good thing about the story is that I just told her the truth and didn't let her go on thinking the patients had taken it. I don't know any patient who would want to steal Kenalog, since the only thing I know about it is it's an anti-inflammatory injection, but I'm the first to admit patients have done weirder things.
So learn from my mistakes: If you see a bottle of Kenalog on the counter, PUT IT BACK IN THE CUPBOARD.
The end.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good girl, Kjersti!! I hate it when I do something so completely stupid and then I have to confess. Sometimes I do things like that at work, like sending things to the court and forgetting to sign the mailing certificate. My confessions usually go something like this... "Jenn... (or Peter, or Cathy, or Phil depending on who gave me the assignment)... you're going to be really mad at me..." They usually aren't mad, they just come up with a solution, but then I do feel like an idiot the rest of the day and I avoid eye contact at all costs. ha ha ha
I'm so glad you said what it was at the end, cause I was like, picturing some sort of powder? And then in my mind it turned in baby formula, don't ask me why. I'm weird.
But really, congrats, because I HATE doing something like this. HATE HATE HATE. Like Danae, I avoid any and all eye contact all day long. Gives me the willies...
DEAL! :)
Post a Comment