So, as for my meeting this afternoon, I was surprised to find that my office manager didn't expect me to lead the meeting. IN fact, she didn't really expect me to talk at all, and didn't really leave me OR my coworker a chance to say too much. The meeting was less about "What Kjersti Needs to Say" and more "This is how things are going to run from now on." I was a little disappointed, but at the same time it's motivated me to stay on top of it and tell my coworker what's on my mind as things happen. That will be a good lesson for me to learn anyway because I usually just bottle whatever it is I'm feeling, fuming about it, playing it over and over in my mind until I get upset about some tiny thing that doesn't deserve all the anger. If that's a habit I can break I will consider my resolution a huge success because not only is it a stupid habit to have, it takes way too much energy when the other option is simply sticking up for myself right as it happens.
So, in the meeting my coworker was told specifically what my job entails. And part of that was "Her job is to NOT do your job, just hers, and then she can ask you if you need help if she has nothing else to do." So we'll see if she listens. I'm betting on no, and then if she does I'll be really pleasantly surprised.
In other news, Kameryn is still sick. She's not coughing very often, she's just sneezing a lot and has a runny nose. So when the family gets together tomorrow night, everyone keep in mind that if Kameryn sneezes on you it's just her way of saying "I love you." And if she sneezes on you and then saturates your cheek in drool and snot, that means she REALLY loves you!
I took an X-ray (provided by Gary) to my doctor today and had him look it over. He said that my bones were smooth and he didn't see any bone spurs, but there was a thickening of white in-between my bones which may be early arthritis. He reminded me that "He doesn't do hips very often" and said we should send it to a radiologist for overread, but I've actually been feeling a lot better so I'm not too worried about it. He did say it would be smart to exercise it and lose some weight, which sounds like an awesome plan to me. I just wish it weren't so damn cold! Not everyone is as tough as Mom and can go out running in the cold and dark, and I'll be the first to say, I'm one of the non-tough ones.
And I'm happy to announce that I finished my second book of the year last night and started my third. My second book, "Burnt Toast" by Teri Hatcher was really entertaining and an easy read. It had a lot of really good ideas in it, but through-out I got a little jealous as she talked about all the places she's been, like swimming with a whale and a safari with her daughter in Africa. I would love to travel as much as she has, and I really hope I get to do a lot more.
And I think that's it for tonight. Danae, Happy Birthday tomorrow. Wes, I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Allie, I can't wait to see you and Steve this weekend! I love it when my family all gets together!
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so excited to have the family all together too! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANAE!! Kjersti, I think it is awesome that you are standing up for yourself more and that you are being so good about your New Year's Resolutions. Keep it up!!! :)
Hm... it's too bad you didn't get to say your piece, but good the Office Manager already knew there was a problem and that she addressed it. I hope that things will get better for you with your co-worker from now on.
I can't wait to get a big, snotty kiss from my sweet baby girl!
I'm jealous you're already done with your second book! I'm into my second, but not very far yet. Trying to juggle work, OT, Isaac, my house and myself leaves little time for the luxury of reading. I'll get back into it here soon, though. My goal was one book a month, so so far, I'm already ahead.
I can't wait to see everyone as well! Safe travel wishes to Wesley and Allie & Steve!
I'm glad things MOSTLY worked out, and I know what you mean about the internalizing. :) Good luck with that! I do it too! It's SO much easier than saying something...
And arthritis?! Keep me posted! I hope it feels better! And I hope little Kameryn feels better too. Nothin' more heartbreaking than a sick baby! Love you!
Post a Comment