Monday, January 29, 2007

The Tube

I have a calender up in my room and at the end of the day I write what I did that day. I'm actually not exactly sure why, because I hardly ever go back to check, unless I'm looking up a "Kameryn First" or something, but I do it anyway. I'm sad to admit that lately all I write is what Jay and I had for dinner, and then what we watched on TV afterward, be it TV or a movie.
It didn't take me long to notice the trend, but I also didn't really stop it, and now I have three weeks of little blocks that say things like, "Spaghetti, American Idol" or "Quizno's, the 40 Year Old Virgin."
I don't think I want to be on my deathbed looking back at my life being able to site who got kicked off of "America's Next Top Model" week by week.
Jay was talking about "Lent" the other day, brainstorming about what he would give up if it were a tradition he practiced, and I started thinking about it myself. The answer was really obvious, that I should give up watching TV, sitting and doing other things while listening to the TV, or worst of all, having the TV on when I'm in another room and constantly walking back in to see what I've missed on TV.
I'm not yet at a point where I want to say that I will go without TV for a said amount of time, but I'm getting more and more motivated to try and cut back. Mostly because when I think about it I think, "There's no way I could do it." And then I think about everything I could be doing in the time it takes to watch Deal or No Deal, and I'm disgusted that I've let myself get so addicted.
SO, Resolution # Whatever for the New Year, LESS TV! And more books and scrapbooking.

Today is Kameryn's 9 month birthday, and I will write her Love Letter tomorrow after her appointment. And mine. Wish us both luck!

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

Hey! No swearing off T.V. until we have watched all of the best pictures nominations! And the Academy Awards of course!

Danae said...

It's hard. I find that I still do this all the time... having it on just to have something in the background. Let me know if you find a way to beat it!