Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Sweetest Girl

Kameryn is getting sick. I think I gave her what I had. It must be early stages of it because she seemed really happy through the majority of the day, but even this morning we could tell that something was wrong. She wanted me and only me, and she wanted me to hold her.
Jay's main goal for this morning was to watch the Seahawks and the Bears, rooting for the Seahawks as anyone who's seen his beanie would know. He got the beanie for Christmas and wears it constantly. And more importantly, proudly. Even today after they lost 24-27 in overtime. But we won't go there.
During the game Kameryn cuddled with me and fell asleep twice while I was holding her. This is unusual for her because she is very affectionate, hugging and giving kisses, but she also has cat-like curiosity about everything and when she's not being held she likes to play with and explore her toys. She hasn't fallen asleep in my arms for a long time because she's mobile now and that means there are PLACES TO GO and new things to bend and suck on.
It made it kinda funny watching the game and having to cheer and throw things quietly at the screen so we wouldn't wake her up.

Tonight, though, she did it again, falling asleep while I was holding her, and when she woke up I noticed she's started to cough. It's not as bad as mine yet but I can tell it's in the early stages when it's the tickle in your throat that coughing doesn't really alleviate, but it's coming.

I hate her being sick, and my mothering instinct is in FULL gear. I don't want to go to work tomorrow because I want to be with her. I know I can't make it go away or even make it go any faster, but if being close to her makes it a little easier for her to handle then I don't want to leave her. Not for anything.

She did me a favor tonight because I didn't know how I would have the heart to put her to bed if she started to cry when I left the room. So I stayed up with her, watching a movie, stroking her hair while she laid her head on my chest. And she fell asleep. Enough that I was able to put her in her crib, cover her in blankets and leave.
Tonight is the first night in a long time I can honestly say I wasn't ready for her to go to bed. I think it may be the first time I can say that since she was born.

I like the relationship her and I are developing. I like to be around her because she's so fun and easy to love. And even though I hate her being sick, I love how cuddly she is and how she'll snuggle in closer to me while I stroke her hair or rub her back. If I had it my way I really wouldn't ever have to leave her.

3 comments:

Danae said...

Poor Kameryn! This is not good... She definitely was sick because I only got ONE kiss from her on Sunday. That's like 25 less than what I normally get! She wasn't her sweet, enthusiastic self, to say the least. Maybe we need to cancel you babysitting Isaac for the week? What do you think?

Little Momma said...

Sick or injured children are definitely the hardest part of being a mother. You just wish it were you instead of them. But children usually recover quicker than adults do, so that is the good news. Kameryn will be back to her smiling, kissing self in no time, I bet.

Chelsee said...

Poor Kameryn Lee! :( Maybe she is sick because she hasn't seen me in so long!!