My first news of the night is that I officially have the 17th off, so whatever Danae-and-Wesley celebrations that are going on, I'm there and ready to party. I think we should all take work off to hang out as a family more often. Maybe once a week. Every other day?
Overall I had such an awesome day today, and it's only going to get better because Jay has the night off and so I get to sleep next to him all night long. He is already sleeping by this point, but that just means he's getting the bed warm.
You know those moments in life when you can look at what's going on right then and you know that you wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world? I had one of those tonight. I don't explain them on my blogs most times, just because they're so personal that someone reading about it could easilly think, "And? What's so great about that?" But tonight I want to write about it because I want to remember it.
I was cleaning the kitchen, doing the dishes, and Jay had turned on a CD and was holding Kameryn, dancing around and singing to her, and she was laughing. I still am easilly touched by them being together. Then later on tonight Kameryn was having a hard time going to bed, (again) and she was taking her bottle and leaning back on me, but we were playing with Jay's hair because he was leaning on me too, and when I moved her hand so his hair was running between her fingers, she would laugh, and then sit up and move until she could see his face, which put her face about an inch away from his. All the while she's laughing and cooing. Stuff like that makes it easy to stay up late. I love us being together as a family.
I'm really close to being done with the Four Agreements, which would put my list for "Books I've Read During 2007" to a hopping #1. Compared to mom's list of the books she read last year I know I have some work ahead of me, but luckilly the second agreement that I'm reading about is "Don't take anything personally." So I'm not going to think about it too much, I'll just keep reading. I think I may add some of the books she read to my list, like "To Kill a Mockingbird." I love that book.
The family is off to the doctor's tomorrow. I'm going to have him check out my hip since the pain is still alive and kicking even though Allison did what she could to relieve it. Also, Jay is having his shoulder checked out because it hurts and sometimes his fingers go numb. So it's gonna be interesting. I think there might be X-rays involved, and I've never seen my bones before. So I'm pumped.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gary will be jealous you went to have SOMEONE ELSE look at your bones. :)
I love those family moments, Kjersti, and I have those all the time, too. I love reading what you have to say, so keep it up.
Um...hip pain? WOULD YOU CARE TO EXPLAIN!? I can see a little email is necessary....
I LOVE it when Kameryn laughs. It is so cute!! I haven't signed off the 17th since I normally have nights off anyways... should that plan change? What are we doing for Danae's birthday?
Post a Comment