Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Sock Full of Beans

It's cold in Utah. Too cold. Aside from it being inconvienent when we're outside or after we're in the car but before the heat gets going, we have the small problem that OUR PILOT LIGHT KEEPS BLOWING OUT. So when the vents come on, you guessed it, they're blowing out COLD AIR. We've told our landlord who's sent someone to fix it, but it still goes out. Jay is constantly re-lighting it, but it seems to go out instantly. A bit of a problem in the winter when it's THIS DAMN COLD.
Last night after Jay left for work I couldn't get warm again, and finally I got our homemade hotpad (made out of a soccer sock and some beans which we warm up in the microwave---no laughing, Jay made it on the spot when I was pregnant and going into labor, and it works really well.) I threw it in the microwave and when it was warm enough, brought it into bed to keep my feet warm. Yes, in the absense of a husband, a sock full of beans will suffice. I was also worried about Kameryn and in my half-sleeping but still freezing state of mind I was trying to figure out which of her toys I could microwave and put in her crib with her to keep her warm.
So Wes and Allison, be warned. Frigid cold.

Off of that tangent, I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANAE! I love you and I'm glad I got to spend some time with you today - I had a lot of fun.

Wesley didn't quite make it to our frigid state since his plane was canceled, but hopefully we'll see you tomorrow. I can't wait, I'm really excited!

Kameryn is still sick, but tonight I read her 4 bedtime stories, turned on her mobile and turned off her light, and she didn't make a peep. That is seriously heaven. With any luck she'll sleep better tonight than last night, and we can get rid of this damn cold. She doesn't look like herself when she's sick and I hate it that she's feeling so miserable.

And I'm back off to work tomorrow, which I'm not looking forward to, but it will give me a chance to keep my New Years Resolutions and stand up to my coworker if that needs to happen. Plus it's only one doctor which makes things a little less hectic. I just can't wait to have Friday come and go so my family will be here and I will have money to spend. That's gonna be a good feeling.

2 comments:

Danae said...

Kjersti! You seriously crack me up! I hope you didn't consider putting Quackers in the microwave! It does sound like something Jay would do, though, if he was just tired enough...

How have things been at work? Have you told you-know-who that you've done ENOUGH scanning!?

Danae said...

You might want to invest in a heating blanket. That's what Gary and I use, and it is HEAVEN. It's so hard to get out of bed when Isaac cries because my bed is SO WARM. I also really hate it when I go down to the kitchen because the tile is FREEZING. Not so good on my sensitive toes! So whenever I get up, I also have my slippers and my terry cloth robe right where I can reach them.