I called in sick to work today. I actually feel a lot better, but I decided yesteray sometime that I wasn't going to work today. So I stayed home, hoping to get my house cleaned, but it turned out so much better than that. I got to take a 2 hour nap with Jay while Kameryn slept in her crib, and then after Danae got off work we met her and Gary at Bajio's and then played Golf and Mah Jong up at their place.
I think if they end up moving, it really might have to be a group thing. Otherwise, I'll cry a lot and I'll be really bored. I'm not kidding.
Tonight I've decided to write about my favorite sounds. Growing up one of my favorite sounds was my dad sleeping in his room because he would snore. It wasn't loud and obnoxious, it was just enough to know that he was there, and almost soothing because of the rhythm.
In our apartment we can hear the guy above us snore at night, and it's not soothing, but it reminds me of my dad and the nights I would wake up scared from a nightmare or something and be comforted without having to move because I knew he was there.
I think one of my favorite sounds now is Kameryn's laugh. She has this sense of humor that I don't think anyone has figured out yet, but sometimes she'll just let out this delicious laugh at something random, and it's the kind of belly laugh that shakes her whole body. So far I haven't seen anyone who's able to ignore it. We find out what it is that made her laugh and we do it over and over until she's like, "Alright, you guys, it's getting old."
The last of my favorite sounds is the sound of the silence after Kameryn has been put to bed and she starts to cry. The crying tapers off, and then there's a silence that could almost bring ME to tears because it's so nice to hear.
The baby is sleeping.
If you don't get comfort from that sentence, either you're not a mom, or you have no soul.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment