Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Baby Food and Doctor's Visits

So, our little trip to the doctor was about 50% successful. The doctor checked Jay out first, putting his arms in all different positions and seeing what hurt and what didn't. And after his interview to see what symptoms Jay was having and his physical assesment, he said, "Wow, well, that's really strange." This really isn't my favorite thing to hear the doctor say. He took an X-ray, which came back fine, and they decided at last to give Jay a Cortisone shot, which is a shot that went into his shoulder. It's supposed to help for a little bit because it has Lidocaine in it, and then when that wears off it will hurt, possibly more than it did when we came in initially for a couple days, and then it's supposed to get better for a couple months. So we're hoping it works.

As for me, the doctor had me explain my pain, then had me lay down and twisted my leg this way and that way to see what hurt, and when he was done he said, "Well, I think we should get an X-ray to make sure there isn't a bone spur or anything, but I'm guessing it will come back fine, and then I'll have to refer you to another doctor." Just like that. "I do shoulders and knees, as you know, but I'm not trained to do too much with hips." And then when we got my co-worker to have her do my X-ray, she said her table was broken. So we didn't even get to do that. So I'm still in pain, and am no closer to knowing what's wrong.

And who has a hurt HIP at 22?! Come on now. I thought I got another good 40-60 years before I dealt with this.

Anyway, tonight was another night of staying at home. We put on Baby Einstein for Kameryn and let her crawl around, which she loved, and Jay and I sat on the couch and read. When we weren't getting sucked into watching Baby Einstein. That stuff is kind-of addicting

I also had another successful night in terms of my goal of feeding Kameryn baby food every night, and tonight was green beans. She did really well, but got it all over her face. And of course, I couldn't resist.

5 comments:

Chelsee said...

CUTE! Sweet Kameryn Lee! :)

Chelsee said...

I got distracted by the pictures and forgot what I was going to say. I hope that you find out what is wrong with your hip, Kjersti. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I am glad to hear that Jay is probably going to be doing better now though.

Kimba said...

Yeah - time to email me about this hip pain. :) When do you go back in?! When they have their machines fixed?!??!?!

And Kameryn? I'd be makin' that face too if I had to eat peas...actually, mine would be more like "UGH!" than "Ooh!"

Allie said...

Have your doc refer you to a DO that actually does OMM. I'm really sure that he/she would be able to help you. I did what I could, but I'm not an expert at it for sure, and there's a lot of stuff that I can't do without a table.
If your doc doesn't know a DO that does OMM, let me know. Maybe one of my professors would know.

Green beans are awesome. That's why Kameryn is so happy in the pictures. =)

Danae said...

Today green beans, tomorrow GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE! I already talked to you about your lame doctor's visit... but I also hope that you figure out what the heck is wrong with you... "Lord, I'm much too young to feel this damn old!"