Sweet Kameryn Lee-
I think the biggest change I've noticed from last month is how well you've learned to communicate. I think your official first word would have to be "Mama" because you started saying it first and it also seems like you use it knowing it's meaning first. But splashed in with "Mama's" we've got "Dada's" and "Ba-ba" and "Yeah" with big, full body head nods, and most recently we've added "Hi." It sounded for awhile like you were saying hi, and I couldn't really be sure, but in the last couple days Danae taught you how to wave, and now you know to wave and say hi. So now it's pretty un-disputable. And I'm amazed by how smart you are.
This month you've also started to prefer being held by me or your Dad. You had already started reaching for the person you wanted last month, but now you've added pulling your arms away when someone wants to hold you and you don't want them to. Even when your Dad and I are holding you, though, you can't seem to decide who you want to be with more, and sometimes you want to be passed from one to the other, and sometimes you want us to be close enough together that you can be with us both. You love it when we all snuggle together and you have one hand on Mom and the other on your Dad. It makes you laugh out loud sometimes, and sometimes it completely calms you.
Aunt Chelsee got her way this month and ON CHRISTMAS DAY you decided to learn to crawl. You're still figuring out all the ins and outs of it and trying to work out the details. One of the things you're still working on is you seem to be able to push off with one leg stronger than the other, and when you want to go in a straight line to something, you end up going off to the side. You're working it out, though, you've already taught yourself to go backward a bit and then try again, and I've no doubt that by this time next month you'll be all over the apartment, exploring everything that you couldn't quite reach before.
It's amazing to watch your mind work. When you were trying to learn how to wave, Danae was showing you and she would put her hand up by her face. So you'd put your hand up next to your own face, but you wouldn't move your hand quite yet. Grandma and Dad joined in waving to you and you seemed to watch them all so intently, but still didn't move your hand quite yet. I was holding you and we walked away to go get something out of a closet, and when my back was turned to the group and I was the only one watching, you starting waving your hand. I'm interested to see if this is the way you are later in life: You seem to study what you want to learn, but then you prefer to be alone when you try it for the first time.
The other night I could tell that you were so tired and it was close enough to your bedtime that I took you and had you lay down in your crib. You grabbed your bottle and could barely keep your eyes open, so I walked out of the room. You started crying as soon as I left, but I figured with how tired you were it would take a couple minutes and you would be sleeping soundly. After about 10 minutes, though, you were still crying and I couldn't handle it anymore, so I went into your room and picked you up. You threaded your hand through my hair until you had a solid handful, making sure I couldn't get away, and then you cuddled up to me with your head on my shoulder. I started rocking you and singing to you, and you would pull your head back to smile at me and kiss me, and then you would cuddle with your head on my shoulder again. Your dad finished what he was doing and came in to say goodnight to both of us, and you reached for him. The three of us were close enough together that you were cuddling with us both, and you went from kissing your daddy to kissing me, then you'd kiss him again and kiss me again. After we had stood there for a bit, I put you back into your crib. You cuddled up underneath the blanket, grabbed your bottle, and you were asleep before I left the room.
I can't even tell you how happy you make me. I think everyone would agree that you're just fun to be around. You have so much personality, and it may seem weird to say, but I really think of you as my best friend along with being my baby. I still catch myself, especially when you call me "Mama" and I answer to it, and I can't believe I'm your mom, especially when you're so perfect. I find it to be an honor to get to spend all my time with you and show you new things. You're so smart and beautiful and fun.
We went to a family Christmas party, and some of my cousins were holding and playing with you, and Lauren said, "You know, there should be an order form that you can fill out when you're about to have a baby. You should be able to say that you want a Kameryn or an Isaac, and then if you get bratty kids instead you should be able to send them back for a full refund." And I think Danae and I both agree that we do have great kids. Kids other parents could, and if they're smart, SHOULD be jealous of.
'Cause Kami, I think you're the best one.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kjersti, I love this. I meant to tell you oh, yesterday, but I was busy staring out the car window, singing insane songs (remember the Utah counties song? yeah...that one..) and wiping up dog puke. In the car. :)
ANYWAY. Not to totally detract from your fabulous blog about your adorable baby or anything. I loved it.
Sweet Kameryn Lee. I hope she knows how much I love her. :)
Post a Comment