Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolution #2

This year for Christmas I asked for a bunch of books, thinking that I wanted to make the resolution of reading a book a month. Then after Christmas, Danae and I went to Barnes and Noble where they were having an incredible sale, books were only $2. So I bought a bunch more. So my resolution, simply, is to READ THEM. I hate buying a book and then having it sit on a bookshelf, ESPECIALLY when I spend my time watching TV instead. I don't know why I do that, especially since reading is so much more rewarding anyway.

The book I chose to read first is "The Four Agreements" which is one that Allison highly recommended. She explained that it's actually translated and so the writing in it is kind-of simplisitc, but it's still really profound. I started it the night before last, and I'm only a couple pages into it, but already I have to admit I'm a little bit lost. So that's a bad sign. But I'm gonna keep going and hope that things work themselves out, otherwise I'm gonna worry about myself. More than I already do.

I'm hoping that writing every day will help with my writing, and reading everyday will also help with my writing. Then, what I read can help with having things to write about. So as long as I don't slack off, it should work really well.

And as a sidenote, if you are going to spend your time watching a movie, Wesley was COMPLETELY RIGHT about Lady in the Water. It is a really good movie, an 8 or 9 out of ten in my book. The acting is really well done, and the story is just really beautiful. It's funny that all the critics tore it apart, because I wish there were more movies like it.

5 comments:

Kimba said...

I swear every time I go home I come back with at LEAST 2 books to read. And now? Have about....4.75 books on my list. That .75 is one I'm reading, but it has been slow going. Why? Because...I don't know why. I don't even freakin' have a job. I haven't quite figured it out yet. But good luck! Do it! READING ROCKS. :) And pass on the suggestions. I shall do the same.

Allie said...

Yay reading!

Yay Lady in the Water!!! Steve and I watched it this weekend too, and we both really loved it. It will come as no shock to you that I cried. And you can probably guess which part made me cry too.

Chelsee said...

I have always loved reading. I find time while I am babysitting every morning, and when I am waiting for the bankers to do my deposit. I usually carry my book around with me, just in case I can find another spare minute to read. I definately don't get as many read as mom, but I do what I can. :) I have actually started branching out with my reading too.

And Allie... was it the part in Lady in the Water when the critic dies, that you cried at? :)

Allie said...

I loved that critic...*sniff sniff*

-Wes- said...

I'm so glad you all see the same good things in "Lady in the Water" that I see. You guys rock!