I hate the snow.
I know that's not the best way to start off a blog, but that's the mood I'm in. And as for the snow, I DO NOT understand people who wish for it. And to top that off, I don't understand WHY Utahans seem surprised when it snows. I watched the news tonight (which, admittedly, didn't help my mood. I really need to quit doing that.) and they told how many accidents there were today. There were so many, they broke it down by the COUNTY. And Salt Lake County had over 100. GUYS! This isn't the first time this has happened!!! Don't drive like morons!
I was driving to work today and a whole bunch of us were stuck behind three snowplows. Someone explain this one to me. They weren't scattered, each plowing the snow. Better than that. They were IN A LINE. Like a snowplow parade. I can understand two snowplows both going the same direction. But 3?! When you're the last guy, aren't you feeling a little obsolete? And then they all got off at the same exit. Not an exit leading to main roads that needed to be plowed, just some random exit past some houses off I-215. And they didn't get off because their work on the freeway was done. The third lane was still WHITE because it had been so long since they plowed. But there went the three of them, probably to go sit and chill at a coffee shop or something. I just shook my head, and of course my first thought was. "I'm blogging about that later."
So maybe the blogging every day idea isn't so good when I'm in such a bad mood. It's been a LONG day, I know I should just get some sleep. The problem is that on the news (there it is again, fouling up the night!) they said now that the storm has moved south we should expect the "lake effect" and it should snow a bunch more tomorrow. And we should be especially careful on the morning commute, because it's gonna get ugly. To top that off, afterward they had a segment on HOW TO DRIVE SAFELY IN THE SNOW. And you know what they said? "In whether conditions such as these, it's really important to slow down."
Glad they helped us out with that one. Is it possible to buy that on DVD so I can own it and keep it forever and ever? Just so I don't forget later on?
And does anyone know what the "lake effect" is?
The answer is so simple that it's like a slap in the face: I really need to move. Allie, move over because I'm moving in next door.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah for snow!!! lol I know how you feel Kjersti! I absolutely LOVE all the snowstorms until....New Years Day. Then I'm like, Okay Snow! See ya next year!! It never listens though.
As for the lake effect? Something about the Great Salt Lake making the storm pack a bigger punch or something or other, I sorta tuned out when Cabe was talking. There's nothing he likes more than meteorology stuff (is that right?!) and he LOVES to talk about it. Just know that it means more snow for BOUNTIFUL. :) Hope the drive isn't too horrible! And you can't move away, because what happens when I finally get to move back?!? WHERE WILL KJERSTI BE?!?!? :) I couldn't handle it. So? My solution? You can come visit us anytime. FOR REAL. :)
I hate the snow too! After I left your house last night, I had a horrible time just getting out of your parking lot. There was another car coming in, and it was either stuck or sliding every time it tried to move. I had to go around it, but going up that steep hill in the snow is DEFINATELY not Sassy's favorite thing to do. I had to back up twice to get enough momentum yo get up the stupid hill!! :( Good thing Kameryn Lee is so darn cute! She made the trip all worthwhile.
We are having the worst winter in 20 years for snow here in Kodiak. I'm totally with you on this one. The heavy snows have brought the deer down off the mountains and they are hanging out along the roads and beaches. The other day -4 degrees, no kidding! Still happy I don't have a car, though. All that sliding around like Chelsee says.
It's gotten really really cold here too--it's like in the 40's at night. I may have to put an extra blanket on the bed.
Post a Comment