For the first time since September, Jay and I spent a night without the baby. My mom was kind enough to watch her tonight, and Jay, Wesley, Chelsee and I went up to Ogden for my first ever viewing of a Sundance film. Prior to this, the closest I've ever been to the film festival was two years ago Jay and I drove up to Park City. I don't know what his motivations were for sure, but I wanted to star-search. We got up there and got to Main Street, and there were people EVERYWHERE. We got out of the car and walked down the street a little bit, but it was so crowded, we had no money, and it was freezing, so after about 10 minutes we went back to the car and drove home.
And in a way, that story explains Jay and I to a T. But back to tonight.
The movie was in the Egyptian Theatre in Ogden, and the theatre was pretty full when we got there, so we sat close to the front. The movie was called "Fido" and it was about characters in a '50's-ish neighborhood who all have zombies as help. As in mowing the lawn and gardening and the newspaper-boy. They all are wearing collars and when the red light is on that means the zombies urge to eat human flesh is suppresed. And then if the red light goes off, you're in trouble.
It was halarious.
The short movie before it was called "Goodbye Mr. Snuggles", and I won't bother to explain that one because the best part of it was the title.
So it was a good night and fun to spend some time with Wesley and Chelsee without worrying about the baby. Too bad we're averaging about 4 months in between at this point!
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
JEALOUSY! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Park City for the Sundance Festival, and wow. To actually go!??! I'm so jealous! I ate dinner tonight! And that's it! lol I hope you had fun! A night out! Yeah!
I was listening to 97.1 zht this morning, and they were talking to Mrs. X, a waitress up in Park City who has star sightings all the time during the festival. She said that a lot of them (stars) are actually really rude in person. I think the time you were in NY and saw Angelina Jolie from a distance is about the coolest thing ever. Meeting them and finding out just how flaky they are is not really worth it.
That was really fun! I am glad that the movie wasn't lame after all the hassle Wesley and I went through to get the dumb tickets! But just because your father tried to eat you doesn't mean that we all have to be unhappy! :)
Post a Comment